Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is located in the western suburbs Brisbane queensland capital Fig Tree Pocket, next to the Brisbane river (Brisbane River), about 12 kilometers from downtown, is one of the best zoos in Brisbane and even across australia.
Founded in 1927, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the first koala reserve in australia, its motto is "the earth is not just human ", showing that the dragon cypress koala garden advocates the harmony and understanding of man and nature, animals. Longbai koala reserve has 130 koalas, as well as a large number of kangaroos, possums, koalas and other unique Australian animals, the park's environment is mainly close to nature, is an ideal place for many tourists to play. Queensland and South Australia are the only states in Australia that allow cachola, where visitors can hold cute koalas and take photos with them (plus pay), and taking pictures with koalas is Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary essential experience. Peng liyuan, then chairman Xi Jinping wife of china's military commission, also came to the BrisbaneG20 summit in 2014 to embrace koalas, making Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary famous.
In addition to koalas, you can see more than 80 Australian-specific animals such as marsupials, possums and kangaroos in this semi-open wildlife park. In the sales hall, it's easy to feed them with a few dozen points of feed, and the colorful birds will fly into your hands to eat.
Travelers can take part in a variety of activities in the sanctuary, such as watching a shepherd dog show, taking close-up photos with snakes and crocodiles, feeding parrots and kangaroos.
The Longbai Koala Reserve is accessible by the following means of transport:
- Take the Milema cruise (Mirimar Boat Cruise): from the Cultural Centre wharf (a walk by the State Library) at 10:00 a.m. and arrive around 11:15 a.m. Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary; return from the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary at 13:45 a.m. each day to enjoy the beauty of the banks of the Brisbane during the midway journey;
- Bus No .445 Stop 40Adelaide Street from downtown to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary;430 bus from downtown Platform 2C,Queen Street Bus Station to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary;.
- Taxi or Uber: taxi fare from downtown Brisbane to Longpai Zoo is about A $20-40 and can be booked by taxi company Black &White,:131 008; Yellow Cabs, Tel :131 924;
- Self-driving: M3 turn M5 turn Fig Tree Pocket Rd, drive to the end, about 12 kilometers by car.
Daily Performance Schedule for Dragon Pine Koala Reserve
- 09:45 Kakapo Wild (Riverside,beside Nature Kingdom)
- 10:00 Introduction to Ranch Animals (Barn)
- 10:30 Sheepdogs (Nature Kingdom)
- 11:30 Meeting with Wildlife (Main Enclosure)
- 12:00 Koala presentation (Main Enclosure)
- 12:30 Eagle Flying Show (Nature Kingdom)
- 12:45 Photograph with eagle or owl (Nature Kingdom)
- 13:00 Sheepdog Sheep Race and Shearing (Nature Kingdom)
- 13:30 Introduction to Snake (Main Enclosure)
- 13:45 Photo with snake or crocodile (Main Enclosure)
- 14:00 Koala Presentation (Main Enclosure)
- 14:30 Introduction to platypus (Platypus House)
- 14:45 Tasmanian Demon Profile (Tasmanian Devil Enclosure)
- 15:00 Introduction to Ranch Animals (Barn)
- 15:30 Sheepdog herding and shearing (Nature Kingdom)
- 16:00 Feed wild colorful parrot (Riverside,beside Nature Kingdom)
- Adult :$42
- Children (3-13 years):$25
- Households (2 big 3 small):$88
- Free Wi-Fi in the garden and acceptable UnionPay Card
- Free fast mobile phone charger/wireless mobile phone charger, ATM, baby-sucking room, free computer access, massage chair to relieve fatigue ($2 every five minutes)
- Wheelchairs are available for visitors with special needs, and free service is available at the ticket office